Saturday, June 09, 2007

A movie's showin' so you're goin'

I just saw the movie Knocked Up. It was everything I'd hoped it would be, which is to say it's a very funny movie. There was a time in my life when I thought I was above the kind of crude humor that this movie revolves around, but thankfully that time has passed. A friend of mine saw it last weekend and recommended it, albeit with this bit of advice: "Don't go see it with a girl you intend on sleeping with later that night. The whole pregnancy part of the story kind of kills the mood." Fortunately (?) for me, I have nobody that fits the bill, so I was able to enjoy the movie without it being a cock-blocker.

Normally I tend to be a little wary of going to movies like this one when they've first opened since they're the ones that tend to draw the teenage crowd. Since groups of teenagers tend to just sit and giggle the entire time they're in a theater, I was certain that I was going to have to do my best Strong Bad impersonation if the audience got too boisterous by turning around and saying, "This is my fist. You might recognize it from such features as the amazingly true story of your face in five seconds." Instead, I was pleased to find the theater fairly empty so I'll save the threats until next time.

While I enjoyed the comic aspect of the movie, there were also parts that reminded me of the times when I was privileged enough to get to deal with a hormonal pregnant woman. That's something I hope to never experience again. I think that it's good to be reminded of these things from time to time so that I remember that women are nothing but trouble and that it's best to just steer clear of them altogether.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have invited me to the movie! I totally would have gone. I disagree with your statement about steering clear of women altogether. There's a good 1% of the female population that aren't "trouble." There is hope yet!
AP

Delirious said...

Pffttttt....excuse me but every post is about women...like staying away all together is really gonna happen :P

elbee said...

So wait, are you saying that you hang out with me because I'm not a female? Danforth has been telling you too much.