Saturday, July 28, 2007

Who could see and not believe?

My son has been visiting for the past week while his mom and step-dad are vacationing here. They're leaving today, so yesterday I took most of the day off in order to spend more time with him. My ex-wife called the day before with the idea that we should take him to the Mac King Comedy Magic Show at Harrah's. My son has always been interested in magic, so I thought it was a great idea* and we went. I'm glad we did. The show was hilarious!

I have a friend who works there, and we were at his house the night before. When we told him we were going to see the show the next day, he gave my son a tip on how to be chosen to go up on stage. Of course, my son took his advice and got to become part of the show. My son was on stage for about ten minutes, and enjoyed himself thoroughly. The show was fun to watch anyway, but it was even better to see how happy my son was to be a part of it all.

As we were at my friend's house the night before, we started joking about what kinds of things would happen if my son did get to go on stage.

Son: What if he cuts me in half?
Me: Then let me just say that it's been nice knowing you.
Son: Or what if he makes me disappear?
Me: Then I'd have to thank him.
Son: Maybe he'd make you disappear with me.
Me: Then I'd still be with you. How's that going to give me my freedom?
Son: It wouldn't, but if he made you disappear the world would be a better place.

The kid's getting pretty good at comebacks.




* I was just annoyed that I didn't think of it. It shows that I'm the out of touch parent.

No comments: