Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Nothing's prettier than a pretty girl digging a heart shaped hole in the ground

Girl: Don't do that.
Me: Ok. I'd hate for you to feel the need to kick my ass.
Girl: I wouldn't do that.
Me: Yeah, but you probably know people who could. You could probably even call them up and say, "I need your help. Get a hole ready for me out in the desert."
Girl: I wouldn't do that to you.
Me: Good. I don't want to be buried in the desert.
Girl: Ok. It'll be in the forest then.

I'm ok with that, as long is it's someplace that looks like this:


















And for a closer look:

5 comments:

Native Minnow said...

And for full disclosure, this was a conversation that I had before my trip, I just didn't have time to post it before I left.

Native Minnow said...

The pictures, however, are from the trip. This was a grave I saw way out in the middle of nowhere (in northwestern BC) alongside an unmaintained Forest Service road. The same road that I later blew a tire on and fixed it just a few minutes before I saw a bear.

Anonymous said...

I also love the old graves at Brown's Park. It's kind of cool.
They buried Scott's Gpa in CO where it cost $300 per burial spot, but you have to dig your own hole. hee hee
No joke....but it's absolutely beautiful, pines and aspens and really awesome headstones that look natural like that one.

steph said...

and does that grave mean that person was killed by bear??

and i'm back!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...and were his remains pooped in the woods?