Wednesday, August 29, 2007

While we're on the subject can we change the subject now?

One last thing about my trip to British Columbia, and then I'll move on to other things. I swear. I don't know if it's because of the lower speed limit (100 km/hr = 62 mi/hr) or what, but it seemed to me that there was a lot less road kill along their highways. That said, I'd sure hate to be the person who hit the moose I saw dead on the side of the road. I'm pretty sure that could mess up your vehicle. Oddly enough, that was the only moose I saw the entire trip. I figured I'd see some because they have these signs posted everywhere.




I know the signs had me on extra alert, but obviously it didn't work for whoever hit the dead one. Maybe it's because he saw one of the newer, artsy moose crossing signs instead.


Of course, that doesn't really look like a moose, so maybe the person didn't see the moose standing in the road because they were on the lookout for one of these instead.


One thing I find interesting is the different animal crossing signs you see in different parts of North America. I saw a caribou crossing sign in B. C., but didn't take a picture of it since it was dark and I figured I'd see more (I didn't). I know they have armadillo crossing signs in Texas and Oklahoma, but I'm not sure anything is quite as odd as the ones they have in southern California.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious.
I've never seen anything quite like that CA one...

AnoMALIE said...

Those California signs creep me out... but I sure do love how they depict the Mom dragging the kid across the street.

elbee said...

Been there, seen that! Still one of my favorite signs ever. That's why us Californians are so cool.

Anonymous said...

I don't get tired of hearing about vacations. I love it, and I love seeing all of the different scenery and pictures.
Kinda makes me want to go on vacation so I can show off something. My blog is dead...I'm still writing on it, but it's pretty pathetic.

mindy said...

what the squidmonkey is that thing? I'm pretty certain I'd aim for that, if I saw it in the middle of the road.