Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Glutton and greed

Friend: The sky-diving instructor said that they only make $25 per jump. Out of the amount I paid to do it, that's practically nothing.

Me: But people doing jobs like that aren't doing it for the money, they're probably just doing it so they can get paid to do something they love.

Friend: But still, he said that after doing four jumps in a day it gets boring, and they do like ten in a day.

Me: That's just like anything else though. It's easy to lose the passion for something when it becomes plain. I've known avid flyfishermen who start guiding and then hardly ever go fishing after that.

Friend: Sort of like how I ruined my passion for Cinnabon? I went there every day because I didn't think there'd be any where I was moving to, and now I don't ever go there.

Me: Yeah, something like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah hah hah ha ha ha! ROFL, LMAO! Ha ha ha ha ha. Ja ja ja ja ja ja ja!
AP

Anonymous said...

Fuel, cost of the airplane, cost of INSURANCE...that is why it is so expensive. I bet they don't even make that much $ per dive...
...There's not money in that industry, it has to be something that you just love to do...