Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ain't nobody that can sing like me

I got this several months ago from Ver Girl, and used it on my "other" blog, but it's kind of fun, so I decided to use it again here. I'm not going to tag anyone, because that's every bit as annoying as forwarding chain letters. If you want to use it, feel free to copy it. Otherwise, it dies here.


My life soundtrack

1) Put your music player on shuffle.
2) Press forward for each question.
3) Use the song title as the answer to the question (I've gone one step further and have added a song lyric from the song that I think fits).
4) NO CHEATING! (I was tempted to replace any repeat bands, but decided to just go with it as it was).

-My Life's Soundtrack -

1) Opening Credits:
Way over yonder in the minor key (Billy Bragg & Wilco) - "Now I've walked a long long ways, still look back to my tanglewood days"

2) Being Born:
Jimmy James (The Beastie Boys) - "People how you doin' it's a new day dawning"

3) Toddler Days:
The air near my fingers (The White Stripes) - "My Mom is so caring, she really got me staring at the crazy little things she does for sure, and I can't seem to think of another kind of love that a boy could ever get from anyone but her"

4) First Day of School:
French Perfume (Great Big Sea) - "He opened up the engines and he ran for Spanish Room"

5) Becoming a Teenager:
Crash the party (OK Go) - "While the rest of the guys are all trying, all trying so hard"

6) First Day as a Freshman:
Bleeders (The Wallflowers) - "They say you're only sad and lonely and no-one is impressed"

7) First Love:
Dime (Cake) - "You ask me how I made it through and how my mint condition could belong to you"

8) Graduation Day:
Yoshimi battles the pink robots (The Flaming Lips) - "'Cause she knows that it's demanding to defeat those evil machines"

9) Moving Out of the House:
Porcelain (Red Hot Chili Peppers) - "Are you missing the love of your kin, drifting and floating and fading away"

10) Bad Break-Up:
If he can't have you (Whiskeytown) - "If he can't have you I guess no-one else will"

11) New Love:
Disappear (INXS) - "You're so fine, lose my mind, and the world seems to disappear"

12) Getting Engaged:
I can't hide from my mind (They Might Be Giants) - "I can't hide from my mind and you know why"

13) Bachelor/Bachelorette Party:
Trains (Ryan Adams & The Cardinals) - "Seems like somethin' in me's always movin'"

14) Wedding Day:
Hard Luck Story (Whiskeytown) - "And I swore I told your daddy that I loved you but I changed my mind" or "'Cause I can leave you if I wanna Little Baby and I'm gonna tonight" (Hey, it's not the best wedding song. Luck of the draw? Fate? Remember, I'm divorced.)

15) You and Your Husband/Wife's Song:
The View (Modest Mouse) - "If life's not beautiful without pain well I'd never ever want to see beauty again"

16) Honeymoon:
The world's address (They Might Be Giants) - "Everyone looks naked when you know the world's address"

17) Having Children:
Keys to your love (The Rolling Stones) - "No matter what I do, I spend my whole life honey just thinking of you"

18) Getting Cheated On:
Would (Alice in Chains) - "If I would, could you?"

19) Getting Divorced:
Dog Paddle (Modest Mouse) - "With their fascination on what was here and what's replacing 'em now"

20) Getting Remarried:
Sin (Ozzy Osbourne) - "I saw it happening like deja vu, they tried to warn me but they couldn't get through"

21) Your Kids Growing Up and Moving Out:
Sweetness (Jimmy Eat World) - "So tell me what I need, what was this the meaning"

22) Growing Old:
Long Way Down (Pete Yorn) - "All I know is my father told me look out"

23) Your Funeral:
Mr. Self Destruct (Nine Inch Nails) - "I am the bullet in the gun, I am the truth from which you run, I am the silence you achieve, I am the end of all your dreams"

24) End Credits:
Xmas curtain (My Morning Jacket) - "Hey, the Christmas curtain falls"

7 comments:

Upset Waitress said...

Put the mic down right now Minnow. Go eat some bacon.

Native Minnow said...

mmmmmm, bacon

steph said...

i like that one...will do that when i get back from the holidays.

Jenny said...

Damn bacon.

flieswithoutwings said...

I only have 39 songs on my cell phone so this used more than half of them. But here gos:

1. OPENING CREDITS Gary Jules- Mad World
Bright and early for the daily races, going nowhere, going nowhere

2. BEING BORN The Flaming Lips- Suddenly Everything Has Changed
Driving home, the sky, it celebrates

3. TODDLER DAYS Alice In Chains- No Excuses
It's alright, there comes a time, got no patience to search for peace of mind

4. FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL Silversun Pickups- Lazy Eye
I've been waiting for this moment all my life
but it's not quite right

5. BECOMING A TEENAGER William Shatner- Common People
You'll never know what it's like to watch your life slide out of view and dance and drink and screw BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHIN' ELSE TO DO

6. FIRST DAY AS A FRESHMAN Smashing Pumpkins- Ava Adore
Drinking mercury to the mystery of all you should ever seek to find
Lovely girl you're the murder in my world
Dressing coffins for the souls I've left behind

7. FIRST LOVE Michael Frante and Spearhead- Rock The Nation
Everybody wants to be some fat tycoon
Everybody wants to be on a tropic honeymoon

8. GRADUATION The Flaming Lips- The Gash

Is that gash in your leg
Really why you have stopped?
'Cause I've noticed all the others
Though they're gashed, they're still going
'Cause I feel like the real reason
That you're quitting, that you're admitting
That you've lost all the will to battle on

Will the fight for our sanity
Be the fight of our lives?
Now that we've lost all the reasons
That we thought that we had

Still the battle that we're in
Rages on till the end
With explosions, wounds are open
Sights and smells, eyes and noses
But the thought that went unspoken
Was understanding that you're broken
Still the last volunteer battles on

9. MOVING OUT Wolf Parade- I'll Believe in Anything
We've both been very brave
Walk around with both legs
Fight the scary day
We both pull the tricks out of our sleeves

10. BAD BREAKUP 3 Days Grace- Animal I have become
Somebody get me through this nightmare, I can't control myself

11. NEW LOVE dEUS- The Ideal Crash
You're probably right, as for tonight, you're making me nervous.
What is it you want me to be thinking of?
I'll put on a movie, I'll play something groovy as a matter of service
And I'll chuckle when you smile as a matter of love.
'Cause you know it's not my style to be giving up now.
And this pain in my side, I had enough.

12. GETTING ENGAGED Tricky- Black Steel
On the strength of situations, Im real.

13. BACHELOR PARTY Beck- Beercan
Just shake your boots and let it all get loose

14. WEDDING DAY Beck- Everybody's gotta learn sometimes
I need your lovin' like the sunshine

15. YOUR SONG Pearl Jam- Yellow Leadbetter
I don't know whether I was the boxer or the bag.

16. HONEYMOON Incubus- Wish you were here
I lean against the wind
Pretend that I am weightless
And in this moment I am happy

17. HAVING CHILDREN Band of Horse- The Funeral
To know me as hardly golden
To know me all wrong they were

18. BEING CHEATED ON Silversun Pickups- Three Seed
There’s the line that is leading, clearly feeding all
the things I don’t believe in but i’ll step in once again

19. GETTING DIVORCED Beck- Loser
I’m a loser baby, so why don’t you kill me?

20. GETTING REMARRIED Shiny Toy Guns- Le Disko
Hold on to me, pretty baby, if you wanna fly

21. KIDS GROWING UP/MOVING OUT Sigor Ros- Staralfur
Blue Night Over The Sky
Blue Night Over Me
Disappeared Out Of The Window


22. GROWING OLD Stephen Malkmus - No more shoes
A gallery of vivid dreams, torn and extreme

23. YOUR FUNERAL Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue
When I sleep, I dream and it gets me by,
I can make believe that you're here tonight

24. END CREDITS John Lennon - Imagine
Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Native Minnow said...

Flieswithoutwings, thanks for playing. It's pretty cool how well this works out with song lyrics that match the theme.

Anonymous said...

I'd play, but I don't know any lyrics...I have a neurological inability to hear words in songs... :) Dr. Psycho