Monday, December 17, 2007

The clock's running down, the team's losing ground to the opposing defense

I don't talk about sports a whole lot on here, but I am a pretty big football fan. I play fantasy football every year and have a lot of fun with it (even though my fantasy team didn't make the playoffs this year). Fantasy implications aside, I enjoy watching NFL games for the competition and entertainment value.

Particularly when the announcers say* things like this:

"He stays right there in the pocket"
"He splits the seam"
"He pounds it up the middle"
"We expect to see more deep balls"
"He feels like he's open on every play"
"He completed six passes to him"
"It's a comfortable feeling to have your linemen in front"
"They get beat deep so much"
"At the end of it, he takes a pretty good lick"
"He starts the play split out wide"
"The problem is the distribution of the balls"
"He usually is the guy who's delivering the good blow"




* These are all quotes from yesterday's games.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I love football too, at least the Aussie Rules version. I am absolutely passionate about it and look out when our winter rolls around and the season begins again. I try not to post about it too much because I know I'm the only one that gives a hoot but some of my female readers do love the pics I post of the players....no padding, just lots of rippling muscles.....

Karen said...

PS Hope you don't mind but I've added you to my blog roll :)

Native Minnow said...

Gypsy, glad to see you're doing a service to the women who read your blog ;-) And thanks for the add!

silentkid said...

Awesome list. I especially like, "The problem is the distribution of the balls". The quarterback must have not been giving it to the tight end enough. When I read these I hear them in John Madden's voice. Creepy.

Native Minnow said...

You could go with John Madden, or Jason Buck. Or even Troy Aikman for that matter.

Term Papers said...

really awesome ... good work pal .