Sunday, December 16, 2007

We'll be safe from Satan when the thunder rolls

You know you're addicted to The Wire when . . .

. . . you keep talking to your friends about The Wire, even though none of them have ever seen a single episode.

. . . you dream about having lunch with Stringer Bell.


. . . you freak out when HBO On Demand is missing the next two episodes that you need to watch.

. . . you drive to every video store you can think of so you can rent the disc with the missing episodes.

. . . you go home after not finding the disc at any video store and call the cable company inquiring as to why the episodes are missing.

. . . you tell the cable company that you're going to keep calling them until the problem is fixed.

. . . you dream that you're running for Mayor of Baltimore.


The Wire: More addictive than crack.

10 comments:

Upset Waitress said...

Okey dokey Minnow. I think you have a bit too much time to waste. Soooo I suggest "Big Love". :) It's addicting like crack too, but top that with a bunch of sex with a bunch of wifes.

Karen said...

Gotta admit I haven't seen The Wire and don't even know if we have it in Australia. After that glowing reference I will be sure to check it out if we do get it. Are you on their payroll? LOL....

Jenny said...

I know I should love The Wire, because a lot of people I respect do... but I've never "clicked" with it. HOWEVER, with this writer's strike, it might be time.....

2 Dollar Productions said...

I just started watching the first season a few weeks ago, so I'll get back to you on this one. I've always heard excellent things about the show.

~Kris said...

Never heard of it. Never.

silentkid said...

The Wire is my favorite TV show. Jimmy McNulty is my favorite character. Omar = rad. Stringer Bell = god. I'm getting excited for Season 5. Thank Comcast for On Demand because I'll miss the first two episodes while in Europe. The Wire is indeed crack; well stated.

Native Minnow said...

I do have too much time on my hands, no question. I try to be productive, but it's just not working.

For those who haven't seen it yet, The Wire is simply the best TV show ever. It even trumps The Sopranos.

Amber said...

but what's it ABOUT?????

Native Minnow said...

It's a social commentary about urban decay. It's set in Baltimore and shows the interplay between the police department, drug dealers, politicians, etc. It's not pretty, but it is good.

Native Minnow said...

You'll all breathe easier knowing that the cable company put the missing episodes up yesterday.