Saturday, December 08, 2007

Say somebody got to say it all

Since I'm trying to take it easy in order to let my back heal, I've been wasting an inordinate amount of time online. So, I'm going to post more often than I normally do this weekend. Besides, that should give anyone who's coming over from Anonymous Boxer's party fresh material to read, so the timing is good for that anyway. (By the way, welcome, and Happy Holidays!)

The other day my sister wrote on her blog about how she doesn't understand people who feel the need to talk about every minute detail of their mundane lives.

Here's the comment I left her:

Today I went to the doctor. When I got there I checked in by signing my name on the list. Then I went and sat down. A few minutes later they called me to fill out some paperwork. I filled it all out. They told me to go sit back down, so I did. Then, a few minutes later, they called me back over to have me sign some things. I signed them and then they told me to go sit back down. I went and sat back down. I looked at a couple of papers while I was sitting there, and then the nurse called my name so I stood up. I couldn't stand up real fast though, because my back hurt, so I stood up kind of slowly. I followed the nurse down the hall. She was walking pretty fast, so it was hard to follow her because I had to walk so slow. She realized that she was walking too fast, so she slowed down and apologized. She said she wasn't used to working with people who had back injuries. I told her it was ok. She took me into a room and had me change into a gown. I changed into the gown. The nurse came back to my room after I changed into the gown, and she took me down the hall to get some x-rays. The x-ray technician took four x-rays of my back. Then he led me back down the hall to my room. He was walking too fast, so I couldn't keep up. Once he realized he was walking too fast he apologized. I told him it was ok. He took me to my room and I waited for the doctor there. A little while later the doctor came in. He did some strength tests on my leg and foot. Some of them were hard and some of them weren't. He remembered me from the last time when I had surgery. It was the same doctor that did my surgery last time. I was surprised he remembered me. I told him that I was surprised he remembered me. He said that not very many of his patients are biology students, so it was easy for him to remember me. I was still surprised that he remembered me though. He showed me some images from my MRI. He said it was a different injury than the last one I had, but that it was in the same place. He doesn't think that I should do surgery right away. He said that sometimes, when the disks are bulging straight out like mine are, they can heal themselves sometimes. He wants to see if we can do a steroid injection to see if my disks will heal themselves. If they don't I'll have to do surgery, but if they do, I won't. I hope they won't. I don't know exactly what the injections entail, but I can ask that doctor when I see him. Oh yeah, the doctor I saw today referred me to a different doctor who can do the steroid injection. After we were done, he said that he'd like to see me again in two weeks. I set up an appointment to see him in two weeks. I'll probably see him in two weeks.

I crack myself up!

8 comments:

BlazngScarlet said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I LIKE YOU! I may have to come back and stalk, er, I mean, harrass, um .. I mean READ more of you!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Wanna dance?

adventures of a mad scientist said...

You're ridiculous sometimes.

Golden To Silver Val said...

Thanks for coming to visit me, I hope you come back often. I read your post and I like your sense of humor. I will be back. About the s-word. Yes, I agree...Christmas just isn't Christmas with no snow. So those are the only two days its acceptable as far as I'm concerned. Vegas huh? I have a friend in Henderson. She winters there. Right now we have a winter advisory up....freezing rain starting after midnight and possibly all day tomorrow. Now THAT is something I definitely don't like. Sorry about your back. Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy the party.

Unknown said...

That's just like something I'd do.

And thanks for visiting my blog!

Kate Michele said...

Happy Holidays. I hear I'm seated by you at some dinner party.

Hahaha... like you comment to your sis...VERY funny.

Karen said...

I love people that crack themselves up - hey a sense of humour is a sense of humour no matter who the funny bugger is.

I just dropped in to say hi from AB's and wish you a Happy Christmas. Gee I hope your back gets better soon, that really sucks.

flieswithoutwings said...

Oh yeah, and once I sawr a blimp.

When I first moved to Utah we wrote those stories for English class and then we had to do "peer editing."

I had to read Mental Woman's story about a fictional Honeymoon Cruise she went on and I would have killed to have it read as smoothly as your trip to the doctor did.

Dee Ice Hole said...

I hope your sister forgives you for all the details on your doctor visit...it was pretty funny though.