Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy hours, golden showers, on a cruise to freak you out

I'm house-sitting for a couple that I'm friends with this week while they're playing in the snow at Lake Tahoe. I'm jealous. They told me I should come up for a few days, and I'd like to, but I can't travel that far anyway. Before they left they had me come over so they could show me where everything was, how to change the cats' litter box, etc. As they were showing me around, we had the following conversation:

Her: [One of Three Cats] likes to go with you when you go to the bathroom. He likes to watch. But he doesn't like golden showers, so don't even think about it.

Me: Gross. I wouldn't. Even if it was a really hot girl who wanted me to, I wouldn't do that.

Her: Not even for a million dollars?

Me: Oh, for a million dollars I would. I'd do anything for a million dollars.

Her: What if it was for a jellyfish sting?

Me: Then I probably would, but that's different.

Him: What does that mean?

Me: What? A jellyfish sting?

Him: Yeah. I don't know what that means.

Me: We're talking about an actual jellyfish sting. It's not a euphemism for anything.

I'm guessing that means I throw out euphemisms a little too often since he automatically assumes that's what I'm talking about. However, with the jellyfish sting, I'm thinking it could work as one. Just give me a little time to think about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I was thinking the same thing until I finished reading.

Jellyfish Sting: Fucking while pinching the testicles with a clothes pin.

steph said...

golden showers. i dated a weird guy that was OBSESSED with them. I, however, was not. that relationship didn't last very long. especially since we were both in high school, and that is even weirder then.

however, for a million dollars, i too would probably do mostly anything.

h said...

I was thinking Jellyfish Sting could be a euphemism for " an excuse for doing something gross". But then it dawned on me that I might not remember what a euphemism is exactly. I know I don't remember what "apostrophe" is. And I forget that word that means attributing human character traits to critters and inanimate objects.

Then I read Upset's definition.

AnoMALIE said...

Oddly enough, the first person I ever heard use the term "golden shower" was Ricky Martin.

It's only made it that much more difficult to listen to his music guilt-free.

Anonymous said...

Correction: 'He' was the one wondering if a million dollars would entice Native Minnow to do that.