Monday, January 14, 2008

If the best is for the best then the best can be damned

Rural Murder and I saw a bumper sticker that read GOD ROCKS when he was in town. Nothing screams 'religion trying desperately to appeal to today's youth' louder than a bumper sticker that reads GOD ROCKS. I'm not saying this to be anti-religion. I'm saying this to be anti-stupid bumper sticker. I don't really get the appeal of bumper stickers anyway, but if you must deface your vehicle with something, go with something cool, not something lame.

Of course, then I got thinking, and if there are people who are willing to put these stupid bumper stickers on their vehicles, then people might be willing to put my stupid bumper stickers on their vehicles. All I have to do is come up with some stupid sayings, put them on a colored background, and voila, another get rich quick scheme.

Rural Murder's suggestion for the first one was:


Sticking with the religious theme, I thought of another one. That one would have read "Jesus Shaves" and would have had a picture of Christ shaving his beard, but that wasn't as original as I thought. I saw that exact idea both on bumper stickers and t-shirts when I googled it. So, I came up with this one instead:


Sure it's lame, but someone's bound to want to put it on their car.

Of course, there are a lot of people in this world who aren't religious, but like to mock religion. For those of you who fit this category and also read this blog, I've got just the bumper sticker for you:


But it doesn't even stop there. No, I've got two more for those who are just tired of looking at some of the stickers that other people put on their cars, and want to make a mockery of that.




Sure I haven't figured out the logistics of sales and marketing, or even how to make a bumper sticker for that matter, but this is bound to make me rich.

What's that you say? Bumper stickers only sell for a dollar or two apiece?
Oh. Nevermind.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's one.

"If assholes could fly, this place would be an air-port" :)

Gorilla Bananas said...

I think God is more of a jazz man. And ball-gargling is pleasurable for neither party.

Gorilla Bananas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i love bumper stickers :)
my favorite one that I dont own is the one that says "jesus loves you but everyone else thinks youre an asshole".

V
--who has a alot of bumper stickers on her poor lil car. Her favorite? "The Dude Abides..."

Savannah said...

i'm almost embarrased to admit this,...BUT,...
your blog made me laugh so hard today, i thought i was gonna pee on myself

Native Minnow said...

Waitress, I've seen that one before. As Homer Simpson would say, "It's funny 'cause it's true."

Gorilla, of course not when there are sharp fangs involved.

Ver Girl, that's my favorite bumper sticker too.

Savannah, welcome, and while I'm glad that I could make you laugh, I'm also glad you didn't pee yourself.

AnoMALIE said...

I feel ya on the grandkids one...
And the last one made me snort... that's so horrible.

Anonymous said...

ball gargling honor students? sweet.

best bumperstickers anywhere? northern sun merchandise(http://northernsun.com/). favorites include "plants and animals disappear to make room for your fat ass" and "come the rapture, can i have your car?"

Delirious said...

I have to admit...a wealthy family member called and pointedly asked me to donate to Mitt Romney's campaign. I told them I would see what I could do when the donation evelope/plea came in the mail. The wife got on the phone and told me that they were at campaign headquarters right then, and that if they got $300 in money donated, they would be able to attend some campaign dinner with Mitt. I gave her $30..woop de doo.... She asked if she could give me something in return, so I let her send me a Mitt Romney bumper sticker. Of course I have it on the car...I paid $30 for that thing, I'm gonna use it! ;)

I did read that there is a new movement that is WWWHPD? What would Harry Potter Do? I"m not even joking...

Manuel said...

Id have....

TIP OR DIE

20%

WAITERS DO IT IN SHIFTS

WAITER LOVE IS FREE....SERVICE IS 20%

steph said...

love the ball gargling. awesome.

also, satan is stinky is pretty fabulous. bumper stickers = lame.

Ugh. especially god ones. not that i have anything against god at all, but i don't feel the need to put god on my bumper. because that is weird.

Native Minnow said...

Prof Howdy, WTF? I'm guessing I'm not terribly interested in any of your favorite links.

Anomalie, stop snorting, it's unladylike. Ha!

Delirious, but what are you going to do once the election's over and he's lost?

Manuel, I ALWAYS leave 20%. Even when it's not deserved. I wish I had it in me to give less than that for the really bad servers, but I don't.

Steph, I agree. The only car ornament I've seriously considered putting on my vehicle is the Darwin fish. But, with people as crazy as they are these days, it'd probably get stolen, or would give some nut a reason to want to key my paint.

Anonymous said...

Then you must have seen it pasted on the air conditioning vent of my restaurant? Well, it's actually magic markered in on the duct taped square tube. Ahh well. I couldn't afford an actual runway .

mindy said...

Have you seen cars that have an "In Memory of..." thing on the rear window? It will have somebody's name, their birth & death dates, and some little phrase or mini-tribute to them. The only reason I've been able to come up with for doing that is if you were in their will and bought a car with the money they left you.

I don't have any bumper stickers, but only because I know I'd get sick of them after a while (like tattoos), plus I'd be really neurotic about making sure it was straight. I do have a very awesome rat decal on my rear window, though.

Anonymous said...

I will sport the "WWNMD" sticker!! Oh, no, wait...I'm not white trash, so I'm not going to put stickers on my $30,000 car. But I'm there for you in spirit ;-)