Thursday, January 31, 2008

I used to do a little but a little wouldn't do and so a little got more and more

Without going into all the details about the situation, someone in my family recently got in trouble for using drugs. My mom told me about a conversation she had with my grandma about it, and I relayed that to one of my friends because I thought it was funny.

Me: My Grandma asked my mom what the signs of meth use were, so my mom told her. My grandma said, "Oh, my teeth are rotting and my house is a mess and I have sores all over me....what if someone thinks I am on meth?" She was serious. My mom said, "I don't think you have to worry about it." (My grandma is a little 91 year old lady.)

Friend: Or maybe she's on meth...

Me: I doubt she'd have lived this long if that were the case

Friend: Dammit grandma, put down the pipe!!


Maybe it's time for an intervention.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Don't you just love old people? They come out with the funniest things.

Manuel said...

love the Wilco track......and old people....

deputymomof6 said...

I feel bad for your mom!!!!

Dee Ice Hole said...

I believe it is time for Friend: to take a little trip with you to meet your little old 91 yeqr old Grandma---YUP---that'd fix'im.

2 Dollar Productions said...

That's pretty damn funny. I thought the house might be clean though because if you're on meth, then I thought you had tons of energy for such things. Rotten teeth, but good energy.

Anonymous said...

old people are so cute.

Gledwood said...

Dear me!

Is that an "oil pipe" by any chance... see I'm in with the American kids...

here in Britain we only smoka da crackpipe - Martell minibottles weren't made for anything else

(well they hold barely fuck all alcohol... haha!)

nice blog

pass this ~ ♥ on to someone you love it is a tag I got snagged with

take it easy

ps minnow... I once used to have somethings called White Cloud Mountain Minnows... ring any bells..?

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to laugh. I really am :)

steph said...

tee! love that granny!

but sorry for y9our family member. meth is scary -- i taught in a community of meth heads, and it was so scary, and the kids were also whacked out, and it was truly horrible.

so, hope your family member is doing well.

Inklings said...

okay, now I'm glad Grandma isn't online.... :0)

BRS said...

Awesome! Hahaha!