Monday, January 28, 2008

This is how we multiply, pity that it's not my wife

Me: Today's a sad, sad day.

Friend: Why's that?

Me: I found out that [Girl* I Used To Have A Crush On] got married. She sent me an email and told me they eloped.

Friend: I don't know who that is.

Me: She's the one that works as a cocktail waitress at the Hard Rock.

Friend: Oh yeah. Wow. She moves fast. But if she's married, it doesn't sound like you had much of a chance with her anyway. Besides, the last thing you need is someone who wants to get married.

Me: I know, but I did miss out on that chance to be her rebound guy.

Friend: You did? When?

Me: Didn't I tell you about that? She called me up one night out of the blue and started talking about how much fun we used to have together and that she wanted to hang out. I just didn't think she wanted anything right then because she'd just broken up with a guy. Of course, then she started seeing this guy like a week later.

Friend: You did miss out on a chance to be her rebound guy! Of course, you only had a one week window. Plus, those were the days when you used to say that you had to be in love with someone in order to have sex with them.

Me: I know, what was I thinking?





*One of the hottest girls I've met since moving to Vegas(and that says a lot)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...maybe she'll play a Britney and get divorced in 55 hours, and you'll still get your chance.

h said...

Vegas is a cesspool. What passes for "hot" there wouldn't warrant a second glance in civilized places. She'll be a total skank in 2 years or less.

Karen said...

Men are SOOOOOO dense sometimes. She so wanted to hook up with you and you missed all the obvious signs. D'OH!!!!