Monday, January 28, 2008

Well I can't cope, but I'm no dope

I've been tagged by Delirious to tell six quirky things about me. I'll play along, but I'm not tagging anyone else. What can I say? The Shallows is where Memes come to die.

1. I've had insomnia after every break up. The time period for which I experience it is proportional to the length of time I was in the relationship (i.e., I couldn't sleep well for several months after my divorce, but only for a week or so when I broke up with my last girlfriend).

2. I tend to be an impulse buyer. That said, I've wanted an ipod for years, but have never been able to justify spending the money to get one, even though I've spent as much (if not more) money on more ridiculous things over that time span.

3. My bladder is such that I rarely have to get up in the middle of the night to take a piss.

4. I every new type of candy bar that I see, so that I can try it at least once. My latest favorite is the Reese's Crunch Bar.

5. My feet have to be covered in order for me to be able to fall asleep, even if they're the only part of my body that is.

6. I don't consider myself to be sexist, but I find misogynistic songs to be hilarious (but only when the band is doing it to be funny*, unlike many rap songs).





*For example: Ween - Piss Up A Rope; Cracker - Ain't Gonna Suck Itself; Ben Folds - Bitches Ain't Shit

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same with candy...What can I say? We must be related. :)

BlazngScarlet said...

I'm glad i'm not the only one who can't justify an iPod.
Now, can someone PLEASE explain why I spent WAAAAAY over that on a PSP for Boy Genius?!

Yep ... i'm a smart one. lol

Karen said...

Funny thing about your feet. I always have to lay my feet one on top of the other to go to sleep. Not only that but I rub them up and down as well which sounds vaguely sexual but I assure you it isn't. Just one of those funny quirks.

Amber said...

okay i have to ask - have you tried the mint 3 musketeers bar? how about the reese's whipped? any good?

Native Minnow said...

Shannon, you could be onto something there ;-)

Blaze, I really do want one, I just don't know how much I'd use it. I'd use it more than a PSP, I know that. But then again, I'm not a 13 year old Boy Genius.

Gypsy, I rub my feet up and down when I'm depressed about something and lying in bed. It's one of the ways that my ex-wife could always tell when something was bothering me. I never realized it until then.

Amber, Thumbs up on the mint 3 Musketeers (although it's basically a Peppermint Patty). Thumbs down on the Reese's Whipped.