Saturday, March 22, 2008

Neither one of us is one of them

There's a new restaurant/bar in town that just opened on Sunday. My friends wanted to try it out because they have 160 beers on tap, including one friend's favorite beer in the world, which, until recently, he could only get if he was close to Missoula, MT. So, that's where we spent our Friday evening.

I arrived the same time as two of my other friends. They weren't entirely sure where the place was, so they followed me through the parking lot. It was rather full, but as I drove through one of the rows of cars I saw a parking space that was close. I waved at my friends so they would take it, then drove further down the row, parked, then caught up with them as they were getting out of their car.

Him: Why didn't you take that spot?
Me: Because I was going to go over there and get handicapped.
Her: But then he already was handicapped, so he didn't need to.

As we walked up to the door, my friend ran ahead and opened the door for some women, and then for us.

Me: I would have grabbed the door, but I'm gimpy. I probably shouldn't even be out.
Her: It's okay, I'm frumpy. Hey! Gimpy and Frumpy: We're the other two dwarves.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

still gimpy? One word:

accupuncture.

Inklings said...

Since you are 6'4" I bet you never expected to be called a dwarf, huh?

Native Minnow said...

Boxer, I'm skeptical of accupuncture as a cure for what I'm dealing with. I think it could help with long term benefits, but I doubt that's going to shrink the bulging part of the disk.

Inside Stories, I've been called worse ;-)