Friday, March 21, 2008

We are brash, we all fall down, we take out our brains and shake 'em all around

My ex-wife called yesterday to tell me about Mr. M.'s take on pre-school based on a conversation they had.

Her: [Mr. M.], you have to use a can opener if you want to open that can of pineapple.
Mr. M.: I know that, Mom. My teacher told me that. She teaches me everything she knows.
Her: Good!
Mr. M.: Yeah. But she never wants to talk about what I want to talk about, only what she wants to talk about.
Her: What do you want to talk about?
Mr. M.: Fighting and guns and stuff.

Should I be worried?

7 comments:

Jenny said...

is that the one you left out in the elements, armed?

yeah, you should be worried.

Luka said...

That seems pretty standard for boys, in my experience.

Manuel said...

re: jim white......nice album n that...have you seen wrong eyed Jesus? brilliant documentary thingy.....

Native Minnow said...

Boxer, that would be one and the same.

Luka, I hope you're right.

Manuel, I keep meaning to watch that, but never think about it when I'm somewhere I could actually pick it up. I do like the album Wrong Eyed Jesus though.

Bill From Gainesville said...

I remember thinking alot about guns and fighting and stuff as a kid,I also thought about Naked women as early as 8 or 9 I loved when we came accross someones Playboy that was like GOLD... I wouldn't worry...Having Kids can be good as material for your blog. Also at around 11 they can mow the yard...

Karen said...

A little minature Minnow in the making. Oh yes, you should definitely be worried ;)

Hope you have a wonderful and Happy Easter.

Native Minnow said...

Bill, I hear you on all that. I remember when I was in second grade I made a comment about some girls' asses in the hallway, turned around and saw one of the teachers directly behind me. She didn't say anything though, so she must not have heard.

Gypsy, good to see you haven't forsaken us completely ;-) Happy Easter to you too!