Monday, March 17, 2008

Scream as loud as you can

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I celebrated a day early by going to see some Irish bands play at The Joint. We saw four bands: The Wild Celts, Brother, The Fenians, and Young Dubliners. (The latter being the primary reason for purchasing tickets.) All the music was pretty good, but, as expected, Young Dubs blew the other bands out of the water. They got me to shake my booty-ass(even though I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to be dancing, but surprisingly, I'm not sore today). At one point a woman came over to stand by us and said she wanted to be with the fun people. Apparently we were the only group that was getting into it (Vegas crowds suck). My friend (who was drunk) just looked at her and said, "This is where shit happens!" I think he was right.

Never heard of Young Dubs? Well, here's a video of them performing What do you want from me?


If you like that, or if you happen to be looking for some good St. Patty's Day music, here are a few select Young Dubs' tunes* for your listening pleasure.




*These files will only be up for 100 downloads, or one week, whichever comes first, so act fast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. How drunk do I have to be to like that music style?