Wednesday, April 30, 2008

You can come over to my place if you want to, you can do anything you want to do

It's time for another example of why you shouldn't open your mouth unless you want an honest response to what it is that you're saying.

The other day a girl came over and I ended up making some banana pancakes for us. I had music playing the whole time, and one of my favorite songs came on.

Me: Do you know who sings this song?
Her: I don't know. Wilco?
Me: It's They Might Be Giants.
Her: I figured it was one of your favorite bands.
Me: But you didn't know which one. I'm going to have to ask you to leave now.
Girl (looking at her plate): That's ok. I'm almost done anyway.

10 comments:

Amber said...

you should have played "banana pancakes" by Jack Johnson ;)

MJ said...

which is one of my favorite songs

Native Minnow said...

But Jack Johnson's music is so plain. He's good on the guitar, I'll give him that, but I just can't get into him.

silentkid said...

I barf on your banana pancakes.

Manuel said...

I barf on Jack Johnson......

adventures of a mad scientist said...

I knew someone was going to say something about Jack Johnson. *barf*

Karen said...

She came. She ate. She left. She's my new hero.

Jenny said...

and you wonder why you can't get laid more often.

**barfing at the idea of Jack Johnson**

Anonymous said...

i also barf on jack johnson

PsychDoctor said...

Try strawberry and whipped cream waffles next time...you might get further... :)