Thursday, April 03, 2008

You'd have a wonderful day if you could see how lucky you are

Yesterday I got my haircut. I arrived at the scheduled time, but my stylist was running behind schedule. He apologized and told me it was still going to be a half hour before he could get to me. I told him I was going to go sit in the car and listen to music, and to come get me when he was ready. As I sat there, I started reading through the material inside one of my CD cases and saw a list of things that made the band's fans consider themselves lucky.

So, I compiled a list of my own.

I am lucky . . .
. . . to have a family that loves me.
. . . to have three amazing children.
. . . to have received a good education.
. . . to have great friends.
. . . to have good health (for the most part).
. . . to have a roof over my head, running water, electricity, my own transportation, etc.
. . . to have a love of music.
. . . to have a full head of hair (even if it is rapidly turning gray).
. . . that my research has taken me to so many beautiful places, and will tell a good story when I'm ready to tell it.
. . . that I never voted for Bush (so his colossal fuck ups aren't my fault).
. . . to be alive.

But perhaps most of all, I'm lucky to have gotten lucky!

11 comments:

Karen said...

Well I feel lucky to know someone so lucky. Just stopping by to say hi Minnow.

Lindsay Logic said...

You forgot...

to have amazing sisters. :) j/k

*L*

Anonymous said...

pretty cheesy Big D. So...you have a pretty special relationship with your "stylist"...so did he cum get you?

Amber said...

if your hair is turning gray you should just dye it, no one will ever know if you pick a shade that's close to your own but maybe a teensy bit lighter - i dye my hair all the time

savannah said...

you're a fortunate man, sugar! too many people never stop and think about the good in their life, they just dwell on the bad...
(found you via upset waitress)

Anonymous said...

You're lucky to EVER get lucky...

Anonymous said...

Ummmm....that can't be the holy ghost. I don't feel the spirit when I read this blog.

adventures of a mad scientist said...

You're just lucky to know me. I'm simply that cool, you see.

PsychDoctor said...

Sappy...

h said...

Going to a "stylist" = Ghey.

Reading CD pap = Ghey.

Voting for the Kerry Fairy = Ghey.

Course it's possible you didn't vote at all.

Still, you're prolly ghey.

Christi said...

That's a nice list. . .most of it. I was compiling my own list last night while hubby and I were not sleeping at 4 a.m.