Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Telephone call for Mr. Horrible

Me: Did you hear about the shooting over the weekend?
Friend: No.
Me: Well, I guess there were a couple of them, but I'm talking about the one on Friday.
Friend: What happened?
Me: They said on the news that a mom was driving with her 11 and 15 year old kids, and somebody pulled alongside the car and shot her in the head.
Friend: With the kids in the car!?
Me: Yeah. Pretty nuts, huh?
Friend: That's cold.
Me: I know. At least wait until she's dropped the kids off.
Friend: . . .
Me: Or kill the kids too.
Friend: . . .

8 comments:

~Kris said...

No kidding, who does that at all? But especially in front of her children?

adventures of a mad scientist said...

I'm a bad person, I laughed at this a little. Well, your comment I mean. I'm totally going to hell.

Jenny said...

I seriously worry about you at times.

Manuel said...

That's what i would have said too......unless it was like a warning to the kids....dunno

Bill From Gainesville said...

If the mom was driving and they shot her first, the car probably went out of control and crashed. thats probably their evil plan. hey figured they were going to get the kids the same way the badguys always trid to kill batman. but of course instead of just shooting him they would put him and robin on a conveyor that leads to a buzz saw or something like that then they would leave and later they were Always SHOCKEd when Batman and robin came in and foiled the day. So, its alot like that.

silentkid said...

Totally off topic: The Nada Surf show last night was great. Sea Wolf was solid and Nada Surf played an entertaining set. My favorite moments were the songs from the new album, especially See These Bones and I Like What You Say. That song (ILWYS) gets stuck in my head, rendering my brain useless for extended periods of time.

steph said...

ha! you are hilarious

AnoMALIE said...

I´m with elbee on this one: I laughed... but felt a little guilty...