Sunday, June 15, 2008

They keep calling me, keep on calling me

Friend: How do you feel about that?

Me: There's a part of me that doesn't like it, and another part that's ok with it. So I don't really know.

Friend: In that case, you should let the universe figure it out for you.

Me: But the universe hates me.

Friend: What? No. The universe loves you.

Me: Actually, you're right. It won't stop calling.



First thing tomorrow morning I'm going to go get a restraining order on The Universe.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I like guessing your post titles, so for this one I'm going to go for Dead Souls.

Native Minnow said...

Not quite. It's Nine Inch Nails. Although, there are probably other songs that have the same line. This one's not terribly unique.

Jenny said...

has your friend read The Secret?

2 Dollar Productions said...

Good luck getting the Universe to show up in court - it's always too damn busy.

silentkid said...

The Universe is a big asshole.

Anonymous said...

the song is "dead souls", and it's actually a joy division song. nin covered it for "the crow" soundtrack.

Native Minnow said...

Ryan, Anonymous, I stand corrected. I wasn't even paying that much attention. Sorry.

Boxer, I have no idea.

$2, that's good for me though, it just means the judge will give me my way.

Silentkid, The Universe is going to start calling you now. I gave it your number.

Native Minnow said...

(And what I meant by not paying attention was that I thought Ryan was talking about a band name instead of a song name)

Manuel said...

the universe is fucked............s'what al gore's been saying .......

steph said...

i was going to say what boxer did, sounds like someone's been reading the secret!

Unknown said...

Ah right, one shall be more specific next time...

(I was actually expecting you to ask me whether I meant the NIN or Joy Division version, heh.)

Anonymous said...

The Universe hates you b/c you cheated on it with an alternate universe.