Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Never think twice before you kiss me goodbye

Finally, having this blog has paid off in terms of it getting me free stuff. Here's an email I received from a band that's trying to get their name out: Community Gun.

----------------Begin Message----------------

Hello Native Minnow. If you like, our rock/blues/indie/folk/punk EP is up for free at www.sonicbids.com/communitygun or you can also listen/download it off Garageband at http://www.garageband.com/user/communitygun/podcast.
Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your time. Peace, Community Gun
www.myspace.com/communitygun


"Tom Waits meets The Mats." For the Sake of the Song
"Like Beck with a blues riff." The Scott Fuller Show
"Wicked, bad-ass...not signed to any label but really should be." The Dust Congress

-----------------End Message-----------------

How they happened to stumble upon my blog I have no idea, but I'm glad they did.
I've downloaded the free mp3 files they have posted, and their music is pretty good. I particularly like the song Before She Goes. There's definitely a Tom Waits influence over their music. But don't take my word for it, go to either of the addresses they provided and check it out for yourself. It's free. After all, who doesn't like free stuff?

3 comments:

silentkid said...

The Mats, BTW, is a nickname for The Replacements. I'm smart and cool. I hate Beck, so I didn't go with the "like Beck with a blues riff" comment..."Like a Shit Sandwich with a blues riff". I'll have to check these dudes out. I like free stuff.

Sid said...

I've had my blog for almost a year now and has still to receive free stuff and a cult following. It's ridiculous. My blog posts are hilarious!!! And I'm humble to boot.

h said...

Are there still people who pay to listen to music?