Thursday, September 18, 2008

I asked a toothless man who all these people were

Yesterday I went to the dentist for the first time in six years. I decided that it's time to quit putting it off - anything that needed to be fixed was only going to get more expensive the longer I waited. With the amount of sugar I consume, I was expecting to need about ten cavities filled, so imagine my surprise when I didn't have a single one. That's right, six sugar filled years, and not one cavity. My teeth rock, even if they are crooked.

I still need to get some other work done, and it could get expensive since I don't have insurance, but I won't go into all that here.

What I will get into here is that I knew the dentist's son. I taught him in two classes a few years ago, and even wrote him a letter of recommendation for dental school. He got interviews, but the last time I talked to him he'd had to skip them because his mother died unexpectedly. I told him that I was sure they'd let him reschedule, and heard through common acquaintances that he'd started dental school somewhere, but never knew where.

So, after my exam, I told the guy that I knew his son. He got really excited and started telling me all about what he was doing now. While we talked, his receptionist was taking care of another patient, but she asked me how I knew the guy's son. I told her that I'd been his instructor for one class and TA for another, and the woman that she'd been helping before me leaned over to mutter something to the receptionist.

Since I was standing four feet away, I heard it all.

"Why couldn't my teachers have looked like him when I was in college? I never would've missed a class. I'd have been there every day, sitting in the front row. When he'd call [My Name] during roll call, I'd have put my hand in the air and said 'mmm mmm right here'."

Just had to throw that out there because it's been a while since I last offered proof that I am sexy.

11 comments:

~Kris said...

I've never had a sexy teacher in my life.
Damn Cow Country High

Anonymous said...

Did you smack her butt on the way out?

Heff said...

There's your que to go to the dentist more often.

Amber said...

yeah was she in your age range and dateable?

adventures of a mad scientist said...

She must have been wearing beer goggles that day.

Lillie said...

I happen to find crooked teeth very, VERY sexy. Then again, my own teeth are pretty messed up so I'm probably just in love with myself.

The Chase Files said...

About six years ago I went to the dentist and expected 10 cavities too. You know how much candy I eat, so I thought, "my teeth rock!"
This year I had to have 2 root canals!

deputymomof6 said...

It is nice to hear that you you've still got it....

Bunny Hugger said...

okay. that made me laugh out loud. You will be happy to know that I happen to be much sexier than you and no one ever says shit like that around me because I hang out in the 18 age group now.

Karen said...

I love that you don't have a humble or modest bone in your body :) It's actually quite refreshing in a strange kind of way.

AnoMALIE said...

SO jealous! This summer I was told I had to get my wisdom teeth removed because they were infested with cavities... and I had just gotten them filled last year.
Stupid teeth!
(fuck, the stories I miss out on for having LAME internet!)