Friday, September 05, 2008

Teenage angst has paid off well now I'm bored and old

Friend: I tried that pizza place you told me about.

Me: Yeah? What'd you think.

Friend: It was pretty good. A little spendy though.

Me: Yeah. You don't want to take your three kids there and then pick up something for your ex-wife and her husband. As a matter of fact, you don't want three kids and an ex-wife.

Friend: I was just gonna' say . . .


----------------Same Friend Different Day----------------


Friend: Wait, how old is [Tortellini] again?

Me: Fourteen.

Friend: That means in another four years you'll be done paying child support for her, right?

Me: Right.

Friend: Then how long until you're done paying child support altogether?

Me: [Togers] turns eighteen in six years, so that's it*.

Friend: Wow. I haven't even started paying my child support** yet.





*Except for the fact that college tuition will be due around that time.

**This friend has never been married, nor has he fathered a child, so this is not meant to imply that he's a deadbeat.

5 comments:

steph said...

you definitely are a very nice ex-husband to pick up dinner for your ex and her husband.

Native Minnow said...

Not really. I was borrowing their SUV to help someone move, so that was the least I could do.

Jenny said...

who would that "someone" be????

I bet you had no problem. ;-)

deputymomof6 said...

Six years... and you will be a free man. Then the kids will start getting married so you better start saving now.

Karen said...

Does that mean that your friend doesn't expect any relationship with the children he's yet to have will last the distance? I love the "glass is half empty" types.