Monday, September 08, 2008

Feels like a midget is hanging from my necklace

If you ever needed a reason to not leave your cell phone unattended while in my presence, here's one for you: I was at a party Saturday night, someone left their phone on the table, and I just couldn't resist playing around once they received a text - even though I didn't know for sure whose phone it was or the girl they'd received the text from.

Girl: Whatcha doin' tonight?

Me: A couple of midgets and some creamed corn.

Girl: What a strange coincidence. I'm doing the exact same thing! Who's with you?*

Me: Two Asians, a Mexican and a parapalegic.

Girl: You should come over here.

Me: I'm trying, but the parapalegic makes things difficult.

Girl: You're not really hanging out with a parapalegic. If you are, bring them along.

Me: But what will the midgets think?

Girl: They can come too. We love midgets AND parapalegics.

Me: What about trannies? A few of them just showed up.

Girl: We've got way better than trannies over here. Trust me.


That's about the time that my friend realized what was going on, and made me straighten things out by letting them know it wasn't him that was texting. He suggested that if things were as good as they claimed, maybe we should head over to where they were, but we didn't.




*I'm going off memory since I don't have the actual texts, so many of these aren't verbatim, and I'm probably forgetting a few of them, but you get the point.

12 comments:

Amber said...

you know another good thing to do with random found cell phones? take inappropriate pictures of others - like exposed buttcracks and such - then either set it as the background or send to random people

Anonymous said...

This is why we're friends, well, one of the reasons :-) I want to play with your children. Call me!

~Kris said...

I want to do that almost every time I turn my laptop on and sister #3 is always signed in, it's so annoying. All of her friends pop up and it makes me want to scream. Even at 2 am.

steph said...

my little brother (who is ten years younger) always takes my phone and sends texts from it. he and his friends are obsessed with cougars, and they all claim that my friends and i, even though i think we're too young, so he is always sending out interesting texts to them from my phone. the funny (?) thing is that my friends know this, and they all play along.

sigh.

Jenny said...

who leaves their phone alone at a party?

Someone who deserves to discover, pictures and mystery texting, that's who.

Heff said...

Ok, so what was the corn for ?

Karen said...

Yep, I want to hear more about the corn too.

Bunny Hugger said...

ok if you found my phone you would not even be able to figure out how to text message. BUT since I have the most fantastic-est phone on EARTH you could totally play tetris or GPS yourself or post on my twitter or download a shitload of crap on itunes. Cuz I have an iphone and its totally a phone SECOND.

It is quite possibly the most wonderful thing I have ever owned.

Bunny Hugger said...

I really sent it and the profs really sent an email back that said "Oh. I was wondering why my class didn't rock as much today..."

Native Minnow said...

Amber, this is the same guy who had a picture of his butthole on his digital camera and left the camera out at a party, so I doubt he'd be thrown off by random pictures showing up on his phone.

Ginger, my kids would probably love to do something soon. The problem for me is making the time to arrange for something. We'll meet up soon.

Epitome, you should IM all her friends. That'd be hilarious.

Steph, you are too young to be cougars. And too married. A cougar by definition is a single woman over the age of forty who is looking to pick up a significantly younger man.

Boxer, I never would, that's for sure. He thought it was funny once he made sure they knew it wasn't him, which is not the reaction I'd get from all my friends.

Heff and Gypsy, use your imagination ;-)

Bunny Hugger, you are seriously one of my favorite people in the world, even though we've never met.

Bunny Hugger said...

I'm one of my favorite people too.

Anonymous said...

hey you found my phone