Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wish I was much more masculine maybe then I could learn to swim

Girl: You should come swimming with me. It will help you lose that belly.

Me: I'd be too embarrassed to swim in that pool because everyone there knows what they're doing, and I don't, so my form is really bad.

Girl: Why? Do you swim with your head out of the water?

Me: No. Well, I guess I do sometimes when I breathe.

Girl: You're supposed to barely lift your head to the side, like this. [Gives demonstration]

Me: I know that, but don't always do it.

Girl: Well, I work with kids, so if you come with me I can help you with your form.

Guy (chiming in): And my wife works with retards, so between the two of them, they should have you pretty much covered.

13 comments:

Jenny said...

full retards?

2 Dollar Productions said...

You can't say retard anymore unless you're in a movie, and even then, people will protest. As for the swimming, breathing is overrated.

Lillie said...

Personally, I think the breaststroke is the easiest to master AND you can do it with your head out of the water the whole time like someone's Nana.

heh. Breaststroke.

girl with no name said...

I am like you! I want to take up swimming for exercise but am kind of embarrassed because I was never taught how to properly swim so I think I look kinda funky and everyone will point and laugh...and my friends who go swimming and who gave me the idea are all the types who were on swim teams in school and thus will make me feel even more bad. Badder? Worse!

:P i could go on...

h said...

Grrrherhahahahahaha. That's funny.

Karen said...

I'm laughing too but not at you Minnow I promise. It just struck me as amusing that you chose the moniker Native Minnow when, you know, well maybe you're not the best swimmer. Sorry...bad joke.

Amber said...

i swim with my head out of the water and could care less what people think - i don't like chlorine in my eyes and nose so :P LOL

PsychDoctor said...

Never heard of a minnow that couldn't swim...unless it was a retarded minnow...maybe you should change your moniker...

PsychDoctor said...

to Retarded Minnow...

Anonymous said...

I recommend leaving your head under water when breathing during swimming...........

deputymomof6 said...

LOL, ouch. You aren't THAT retarded.

flieswithoutwings said...

"Proper" swimming is retarded. Swimming is supposed to be fun. Most strokes require you to dunk yourself repeatedly and you have the option of either burning your eyes or swimming blindly while worrying, "where's the wall? where's the wall? I should be at the wall by now..." and so on.

I know the strokes but I only swim for fun.

h said...

I've patented a Wall-Free pool. No more worrying about cracking skull while swimming with eyes closed.