Sunday, November 23, 2008

'Cause tonight baby I wanna get freaky with you

It's opening week for our men's basketball team, and I've been able to attend three of the four home games they've played. Students get in free, and I normally print my ticket beforehand, but yesterday the free ticket option didn't show up in my online account, so I figured I'd just let them scan my card at the gate as they've done in the past.

At the foot of the stairs below the student entrance there were some ladies who were frisking people. I find the whole routine rather ridiculous, because it still wouldn't be that hard to sneak something in, so I was thinking "Here we go again," and must have been smiling to myself as I approached. The woman looked at me and said, "Step on up here. You know you're going to enjoy this." Then she frisked me. She was more thorough than most, and when she finished she said, "You could go ahead and stand here all night."

I laughed and headed up the stairs.

However, when I gave the ticket lady my card she said, "Oh. I'm sorry, but you have to go downstairs and get a ticket first. I can't scan this anymore. And just so you know, that's how it'll be for all the games so you'll want to make sure you get a ticket beforehand from here on out."

I'm guessing this new policy has to do with some of the recurring problems they had last season where the card reader wouldn't recognize a lot of graduate students as full time. Not a big deal. I went downstairs, got my ticket, and ended up going back through the same woman to be frisked again. She gave me a puzzled look so I said, "I liked it so much the first time, I thought I'd come back for more."

I could still hear her laughing when I was at the top of the stairs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She must've noticed that wicked glint in your eyes when she frisked you so thoroughly but tell me, was the 2nd time more of a cursory feel or did she enjoy it even more the 2nd time around ;)

deputymomof6 said...

You should have gone to the bathroom and made some "adjustments" before returning. I was frisking someone once, and I grabbed something about 5 inches down on his leg and shook it while I asked, "what is this?" Luckily, his reply was a simple, "uh, that's attached, ma'am." He had that wicked glint in his eye when he answered me!! LOL, I was embarassed, which is hard to do!!!

2 Dollar Productions said...

A description of the frisker would have helped. Hopefully, she looked like the woman from the last post.

Heff said...

So how does it feel to be a "friskee" ?

Native Minnow said...

Romany Angel, I'm beginning to wonder whether I always have a wicked glint in my eye, regardless of whether I'm about to be frisked or not.

Deputy Mom, admit it, you grabbed it on purpose ;-)

$2, there's a reason I left the description of the frisker out: she didn't look anything like the girls from the last post.

Heff, pretty darn good. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Did she neglect me?