Friday, February 13, 2009

Your menstruating heart

Yesterday in lab after I answered some questions for a group of students:

Student 1: My uncle's a doctor, which is kind of weird, because he says to come see him for my check-ups, but he's a gynecologist.

Student 2: Really? I need him to give me some pills.

Student 1: Do you have any idea how bad that sounded?

Student 2: Not like that. I just need some birth control. Right now I'm on the shot, but my flow is really heavy.

Me: Something tells me that I don't need to be here for this conversation.

Student 2: I'm serious. Don't ever get a depo prevera shot.

Me (walking away): I promise you I won't.

4 comments:

steph said...

It seems that kids no matter what age just love to tell their teacher more information than ever necessary. I was hearing all about that from my 6th grade girls the other day -- after I had heard all about one girl's period from her mom. Good times.

girl with no name said...

you know, i think it sounds so much better to say i am on the pill rather than i am on the shot.

Dee Ice Hole said...

Would be better not to say anything!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your students obviously feel very comfortable around you. Is that a good thing or a bad thing I wonder?