Once again, it's time to share the highlights from my TA evaluations from last semester. As always, these are taken verbatim from the evaluations themselves, so don't blame me for spelling and grammatical errors.
What was your favorite lab exercise? Why?
- Pig disection. We Disected a PIG!
- Push ups. It gets me pumped.
- Invertebrate diversity I and II. Because worms, clams, and crawfish are probably the most exciting organisms to dissect. Also the starfish gonads get me excited.
Which lab experienced was most informative and educational for you?
- [Field Trip]. On the ride up, a fellow student said to his friend, "Why does anyone come out here? There's nothing out here, and Vegas is 15 min away!" I learned people can be dumb. And I'm a biased jerk.
What was your least favorite lab exercise? Why?
- Everything with plants, hate plants.
- Invertebrates =( gross
What is the major weakness of the lab?
- The pine cones suck
- Some ppl suck
The Laboratory Instructor
How would you rate your lab instructor as a teacher?
- Bill Clinton!
Assess your lab instructor's knowledge about the topics covered
- Freakishly thorough
- He knew everything we needed to know . . . and nothing more.
- He is smart, yo!
Assess your lab instructor's examination policy, fairness, and grading.
- Very fair! Especially in all situations.
What were his/her strong points?
- Being a damn good man.
- You are awesome, [Minnow]! Hot and helpful.
- Pure awesomeness.
How could he/she improve?
- By giving me more 10/10.
- Listen to better music. Just kidding! :)
- Build a time machine and convince former self to not get married.
- In every way imaginable. Just kidding. Nah, just kidding again. No, just kidding. Again.
Then there was the guy who merely wrote "I &hearts [Minnow]" across the entire page, and also signed his name. Should I be flattered? Or afraid?
*Pretty sure they meant enthusiastic.