Friday, August 27, 2010

Flip flop flip flop flip

Wednesday afternoon I was walking Girl Who Won't Be My Girlfriend to her class.

GWWBMGF: I'm going to be late.

Me: No you're not. You have plenty of time.

GWWBMGF: Not when I have to walk this slow. My feet hurt from walking around in these heels all day at work.

Me: You should keep some flip-flops in your car. Then you could just change into them when you get to campus.

GWWBMGF: You say that every day.

Me: I mean it every day.

GWWBMGF: Well, do you have any flip-flops*? No. So it's really not that helpful.

Me: I'm just sayin'.

A few minutes later we arrived at her classroom.

GWWBMGF: Alright, I have to go. I'm late.

Me: No you're not. You've still got six minutes.

GWWBMGF: Oh. So you're right.

Me: Of course I am. You should believe me more often. I am a doctor**.











* The next time I saw her I handed her a pair of flip-flops and said, "See? This is why you should love me."

** That will never get old. It almost makes getting this Ph D worth it. Almost.

5 comments:

Heff said...

I think GWWBYGF is testing you.

NEVER GIVE UP !!!

~Kris said...

That PhD...
I just knew that was going to get your ego! I knew it!

~Kris said...

And it really sucks to have TWO PhD's in the family. I'm not gonna lie.

Dee Ice Hole said...

EOS---you could go back and make it three ;-)

mindy said...

Damn, I totally need a PhD. Saying, "I'm a master," just doesn't pack any sort of punch. Well, maybe a wussy punch, but that's no good.