Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Divine Thing?

I was burning a candle in my room while I was reading. As luck would have it, just as I was going to blow it out, one of the sides collapsed and opened up a hole for all the hot wax to run out. It got all over my shelves, and everything that was sitting on them.

This morning I was scraping some of the wax off of one of the picture frames that was on the shelf with a razor blade. In the frame is the last family photo I have with my kids and my ex-wife. We were separated at the time, but were actually talking about reconciling when the picture was taken. It was the first time I had looked at this photograph in a long time.

The Soup Dragons were playing in the background while I was doing this.

I could have sworn that you were an angel,
'cause you're a sweet, sweet, sweet, divine thing.
But I should have known that you were the devil
dressed like a sweet, sweet, sweet divine thing.

Fitting.

1 comment:

ShootingStar said...

Sometimes its eerie how the world seems to be telling us something--