Monday, May 22, 2006

Such a crumbling beauty, nothing wrong with her that $100 won't fix

I house sat for some friends of mine while they spent the weekend in California's wine country. I didn't leave the house much, partly because I didn't want to make their dogs stay in their cages for too long and partly because most of my friends were out of town. By Saturday afternoon I was going a little stir crazy. A girl I know called me from work to see what I was doing, and I told her I was thinking about going to see a movie.

Her: "You should go see Over the Hedge. It's cute."
Me: "It looks cute, but it's one of those I probably won't see unless I take my kids or find a hot girl to go with."
Her: "I already saw it though."
Me: "I doubt you'd go with me anyway, you have too much going on."

Afterward I thought that sounded a little too much like "Oh, I wasn't talking about you."

And I wonder why I can't keep a girl's interest.

2 comments:

flieswithoutwings said...

The real issue is:

Why do mediocre "Sunday Comics" like "Over The Hedge" get feature films while awesome strips like "Calvin and Hobbes" disappear into obscurity. This is what is wrong with the world.

We should all be kissing Watterson's butt for a comeback.

My ban is still on for "NASCAR" related films, so Pixar's "Cars" will have to wait until I can get it for $1 at the Redbox.

I don't think "Over the Hedge" would exactly count as a "Chick Flick" so you may want to save your charity-movie-going for a more opportune time and person.

PsychDoctor said...

"Would you want to see it again? I would like to be accompanied by a hot girl."

"Let's go see something else you've been dying to see."

"That's too bad because it would be nice to do something with you tonight."

"Do you want to rent something and come over to watch it? It's a bit tacky to make out in a theatre, but easier here at this house I am house-sitting."

"Next movie you want to see, call me first..."

Just a few ideas of other things you might have said... :)