Sunday, April 29, 2007

I know I don't know you and you're probably not what you seem, but I'd sure like to find out so why don't you climb down off that movie screen?

Another year has gone by, and another Coachella music festival has come and gone without me being in attendance. I have nobody to blame but myself this year, as I had ample opportunity to go. A few of my friends went, and I was simply too much of a tightwad to buy a ticket and go with them.

I spoke to one of my friends this morning after he got back. He said it was a good time, and he got to see and hear a lot of good music. He also told me that I missed out.

Him: "You missed out BIG time."
Me: "Why's that?"
Him: "Well, there was a rumor that this was going to be happening, but none of us really believed it, but you know the movie Lost in Translation? The song that plays at the end of that is by The Jesus and Mary Chain. Anyway, people were saying that Scarlett Johansson was going to come out and sing a duet with them, and she did! I took pictures."

It's weird how my friend talks in links like that, I know! I keep trying to get him to quit doing it, but he won't.

Anyway, for those of you who may not know, Scarlett Johansson is on my list. You know the list. But just in case you don't know the list, she's one of my celebrity crushes. No matter what my relationship status is, if given the opportunity, I get to sleep with her with no repercussions whatsoever.

I'm sorry that I missed seeing her perform, especially in the cute little sundress she was wearing. But I have to disagree with my friend. I don't think I missed out BIG time. I only would have missed out BIG time if she'd been standing next to him in the crowd because then I would have missed out on a chance for some good old fashioned celebrity frotteurism.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! I learned a new word today.

Frotteurism! I have a friend who had this happen to her on the L in Chicago. Man, I'm missing out so much by not living in a big city...

Anonymous said...

Frotteurism is disgusting...
I learned something new today, too.
I never learned that from my daily email dictionary.com
!!!
Seriously, Scarlett Johannsen? Something's just not right with her face, can't figure out what.

Native Minnow said...

Kris, maybe it's too cute? Is that what's wrong with her face?

Lauren said...

Just so you know, you also missed Ron Jeremy introducing Peaches at the beginning of her set, which was AWESOME.

In other celebrity news, I saw Matthew Perry walk into the cigar store at the Hard Rock when I went to see Interpol at The Joint last night. It was pretty sweet.

PsychDoctor said...

Frotteur the Otter would have loved to have been in attendance...My classmates and I were going to write a book about Frotteur (American spelling Frotter) the Otter in various locations....it was pretty funny stuff. I will have to illustrate a book now that I know Photoshop better and post a few pages here on my blog

Native Minnow said...

Psycho, please do. That would be awesome.