Thursday, January 03, 2008

They don't knock upon your door, they don't ring the bell

Yesterday I received a few emails from my sister. Each one contained a picture of the first place my ex-wife and I lived when we got married. (My sister figured that I might like to see them since I'd blogged about it a couple weeks ago.)

She also sent me a follow up email to make sure I got them:

Her: I sent you some pictures of your first 'home' when I went to Cedar Springs Marina. They are cell phone pictures, so check your spam or whatever so you can get them . . . It was pretty up there, but cold.

Me: Yeah, I got those. I'll probably post them on my blog in another few days if you don't mind. Unless you think that makes for an incredibly boring post. Maybe I should anyway. Then I wouldn't get people like [names withheld] all telling me that my blog is too dirty.

Her: Then the NEXT day you could post a picture of a penis.
Just to even stuff out.

So, there you have it. Here's a picture of the trailer my ex and I lived in (it's the one on the left - the next closest house [other than the marina owner's summer residence on the right] was about five miles away):



And here are a couple pictures of the view:





I used to have to drive* up and down the long driveway after a snow storm in order to smash down the snow so it my ex-wife could make it up the hill in our car. We had to do that because it was a private road and the snow plow didn't come that far off the main highway. Luckily, my dad let us borrow his truck (with 4WD and chains) for the worst storms. Occasionally we'd see mountain lion tracks on our front porch the morning after a snow storm. That's a pretty good indication that you live in a remote place. Sometimes I miss that.




*The driving could get pretty boring, so sometimes I'd intentionally start fishtailing my car on the way up. That used to be so much fun.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad pics for a cell phone camera, while the truck was moving!

steph said...

that's beautiful!

PsychDoctor said...

That is my favorite place to fish for smallmouth bass from the shore...even at night...I had some good times in that marina...

deputymomof6 said...

Really, what good times did YOU have in that marina? Do tell.... LOL

Dee Ice Hole said...

I had kind of forgotten how pretty it was there....I know the snow was a bitch but you were way lucky to get that for your first home.

Michelle said...

Wow, those are great pics for just being a cell phone. What a beautiful scene to wake up to every morning.

Native Minnow said...

Kris, I know! Thank you for sending them.

Steph, Michelle, it was beautiful, but, that's not even the most beautiful part of the area. There is some spectacular scenery in the Flaming Gorge area.

Dr. Psycho, Deputy Mom, I'm sure whatever good times weren't as good as the good times I had there ;-)

Dee Ice Hole, I know! It was a great deal. I still feel kind of badly about moving out of there as suddenly as we did, but it seemed like the best thing to do for our future. I should stop by sometime and pay the owner a visit again. But who knows when the next time I'll be out there will be.

Karen said...

That is a beautiful place although the mountain lion would have worried me a bit. I thought it was bad enough having all the snakes we get where I live.

Anonymous said...

So I don't know if I'm just really tired or if this post is really funny. I just woke Adam up because I was laughing so hard...and he seems to have a problem with me reading your blog at 1:30 in the morning. I can't help it if you're more interesting...This girl has needs, ya know!! ;-)