Friday, May 30, 2008

Husband's lost a lot of blood

Behold the most wonderfully depressing song ever written.

Pedro the Lion: Priests and Paramedics


(just click for sound - the picture never changes)

Lyrics:
Paramedics brave and strong
Up before the break of dawn
Putting poker faces on
Broken bodies all day long
The neighbors heard a fight
Someone had a knife
It must have been the wife
Husband's lost a lot of blood
He wakes up screaming "Oh my God.
Am I gonna die? Am I gonna die?"
As they strapped his arms down to his sides
In times like these
They've been taught to lie
"Buddy just calm down you'll be alright."
Several friends came to his grave
His children were so well behaved
As the Priest got up to speak
The assembly craved relief
But he himself had given up
So instead he offered them this bitter cup
"You're gonna die
We're all gonna die
Could be twenty years could be tonight
And lately I have been wondering why
we go to so much trouble
to postpone the unavoidable
and prolong the pain of being alive."

6 comments:

silentkid said...

Awesomely depressing. John Prine's Sam Stone is one of my favorite depressing songs but it can't beat Priests and Ambulances.

silentkid said...

I'm retarded. Now I'm mixing up Superdrag and Pedro. Priests and Paramedics + Ambulance Driver = suicide.

AnoMALIE said...

:[
Damn...

Jenny said...

oh jeez, it's already been a crappy week.......

steph said...

good lord. if i was a teenager, i would heart that song something fierce.

Native Minnow said...

Silentkid, stop being retarded.

Anomalie, I told you.

Boxer, sorry if that got you even more down.

Steph, what are you saying? That I'm a teenager? At least mentally b/c I love that song? Actually, who am I to argue with that?