Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's nothing personal, you saw to that, you're just a person who does her best work on her back

I've mentioned before how answering a question with the words "Your mom" can sometimes get a person in trouble. I don't care. I still say it because it's funny. It's one of those things I'll probably be saying when I'm 80.

That said, I recently had another instance where it could've gotten me into trouble. It didn't, but it could've.

My kids' step-dad: You get all that for the low, low price of twenty-five cents.

Togers: Wait. What only costs twenty-five cents?

Me: Your mom.


I have to say that nothing beats implying that your ex-wife is a cheap whore in front of your children**, your ex-wife and her husband, and getting laughs from everybody.






*This just happens to be the song stuck in my head right now, so it's not meant to be a statement about my ex.

**Not that they'd understand the implication.

5 comments:

Manuel said...

awe-fucking-som!

deputymomof6 said...

It is good that your relationship is like that.... it is good for the kids. And funny, too!!!

Karen said...

Well clearly I've been under charging all this time. 25 cents you say...damn.

2 Dollar Productions said...

I think your Mom responses are still funny, but I'm not wild about those 'your mama is so . . . ' jokes as those don't do much for me.

And backtracking a bit, that Halloween/Axl Rose story was pretty damn funny.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Dude, that is awesome you are the zen master of being a divorced dad with kids. I am in awe and am trying to continue to learn from you. Seriously .... Your Mama